Lotus Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lotus Board

Kansas City

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kablammo!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lotus Camp
Admin

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Kablammo! F_KABLAMMOwebm_ef5336b

Kablammo! F_KABLAMMOwebm_9e0edeb

Lotus Camp proudly presents:
KABLAMMO!

Saturday, April 05 2008 @ the Record Bar

CLAW - NY - (MTZ, suicide dub, n20, cussproof, shift, subconcious, black reign)
FSTZ - Kansas City - (bassism records, lotus camp, dubfront, dubstep.fm, r.fm)
Always420 - Topeka - (capitol beats, lotus camp)
Pat Hopewell - Kansas City

this is the first all dubstep event on this scale in Kansas City

CLAW ===C

Kablammo! L_73493f4b9355cf3cec3486dbb1f01c56

Claw emerged in Houston, Texas in 1999 at the age of 15. He was well- received from the start making contacts with the local rave djs of the time. By the time he was 16, he was playing at some of Houston's bigger underground parties and weekly events. After graduating high school, he moved to Florida to pursue music as a profession and began playing at weekly events, while studying engineering. After finishing his studies at Fullsail, Claw received an internship with Ming & FS which brought him to New York where he learned the ropes of professional audio production. He also interned for Clubhouse, a larger commercial studio, which lead him to contact the well-known engineer and owner , 'Jimmy Lonesome Goodman',of Leopard Studios, where he now works. After a short time at Leopard the quality of original tracks has skyrocketed and begun to draw the interest of labels from across the US, UK, and parts of Europe. With new signings in 12", cd, and digital form spanning genres from drum and bass to downtempo dubstep and hiphop, expect your speakers to be invaded soon.

FSTZ

Kablammo! F_l6ed596a6d1m_7a0e927

http://music.pitch.com/2008-04-03/music/claw-and-fstz-introduce-dubstep-to-kansas-city/
Back to top Go down
https://lotusboard.darkbb.com
FSTZ
King of the Dicks
FSTZ

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 pm

I just found out Superisk will be in town from Bristol!

he and I can b2b sub-headline
Back to top Go down
FSTZ
King of the Dicks
FSTZ

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:50 am

Back to top Go down
N.M.E
Lotus Camp
N.M.E

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 pm

ding ding dope
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djnme
FSTZ
King of the Dicks
FSTZ

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Claw gets in town at 8:15 pm on April 5th

I might need help picking up him and Superisk from the airport
Back to top Go down
N.M.E
Lotus Camp
N.M.E

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:04 pm

no problem we will get it done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djnme
FSTZ
King of the Dicks
FSTZ

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Kablammo! 2039931.51

Describing dubstep might get you into trouble.

As musical pundits try their best to coin phrases to explain the dub and the step, many lump dubstep in the category of "slowed-down UK garage." That may work for now, but as this new form of electronic music takes a bigger, more global hold, it transforms on a daily basis.

Having begun about four years ago as a tangent of UK grime sans MC, dubstep incorporates the foundation of dub with hip-hop, dancehall, electronica, rock and roll, and even death metal.

"Dubstep is constantly evolving and morphing into new styles," says J.J. Soderling, a Kansas City dubstep DJ who spins under the alias FSTZ. "Dubstep will soon manifest itself as something else, and it might even have a different name, but the main ingredients will stay the same."

One of those ingredients: sub bass. This music is physical. The essence of dub music is in the vibrations that the listener can actually feel: Your ears tend to ring, your chest stutters and, if you're checking out a DJ set by New York dubstep maestro Claw, your heart might implode.

Claw, whose real name is Alan Letko, is a 23-year-old dubstep villain hiding out in the sleepy town of New Paltz in upstate New York. Aside from caring for his mini dachshund, Clawdia, or indulging his sports-car hobby, Claw is just your regular guy who makes really scary music.

"I like metal and anything else you can punch someone in the face to," he says.

A rising star on the underground dubstep scene, Letko makes music that's a combination of irony, dark humor and really loud bass.

"It's snappy and makes no mistake," says Will, aka High Rankin, UK dubstep producer and head of Suicide Dub, the label to which Letko is signed. "It pinches you where it hurts and won't let go," he adds. "There is something about a Claw track that makes you wanna get up and move — sideways, of course."

A rebel from his early days, Letko played in punk bands and went to warehouse raves in his hometown of Houston.

"I played guitar and even attempted drums for a bit," Letko recalls, "but eventually I got tired of dealing with band mates and the horrible sound that me and my friends made and chose to go a more solo-production route."

Around the same time, Letko was exposed to electronic music. Starting at age 15, he "trainwrecked" his way through many drum-'n'-bass sets at a Monday night weekly party in Houston. After sinking his teeth into DJ culture, Letko realized that producing music was more fulfilling. He enrolled in a four-year music school in Florida, where he learned the joys of production and sound engineering. Now Letko is a sought-after dubstep producer and DJ.

The story of how he found his niche in the genre echoes his lifelong pursuit of heavy, loud music.

"About two years ago, I was getting frustrated with my music and the whole drum-'n'-bass sound I had been pursuing, and I was looking for something that just came more naturally to me," Letko says. "I had heard people whispering about dubstep on the forums here and there. After a few months of searching through the more known dubstep names, I came across a few guys making heavier stuff. Eventually the fascination with dubstep led me to go check out a live show. That was the first time I got to hear it on a loud system, and that's all it takes to fall in love."

Along with Letko, local DJs FSTZ, Pat Hopewell, Always420 and Bristol, UK, DJ Superisk are on board for Kablammo, Kansas City's first major dubstep night, Saturday at the Record Bar.

But is KC ready for this brave new genre?

"The response to dubstep has been great everywhere I've gone," Letko says. "It's still really new in a lot of areas, so the local scenes are just getting up and running but are already establishing themselves as a solid force."

Here's hoping Kablammo gets the local scene started with a bang.

http://www.pitch.com/2008-04-03/music/claw-and-fstz-introduce-dubstep-to-kansas-city
Back to top Go down
FSTZ
King of the Dicks
FSTZ

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kablammo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kablammo!   Kablammo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kablammo!